August 25, 2010

I really need to disconnect from the Internet...

Warning: There are some nasty slurs in this post and harsh language.

I was having a talk with my best friend the other day and we decided that there are times in my life when I really just need to get away from technology for a while because it only leads to making me a very irritated person.

I saw this conversation the other day on a friends Facebook regarding the Mosque at ground zero...

Those stupid towelheads are tryin to put a mosque as a sign of victory right on ground zero where over 3,000 americans died. Thats basically like spittin right on there graves. How dare the president of our country endorse such a thing. Well I'll tell you this much the only way those fuckin towelheads will ever put a mosque near the hallowed ground zero is over my dead body. OORAH!


And a friend of his replies...


FUCK YEAH!!!!! Those fucking sand niggers are gonna be hurtin. fuck them if they think building their bull shit is gonna work, guarantee they put it up i dont give it long before we blow it up. hopeufully during service, might as well get em all, SEMPER FI!!!!!!!


The conversation goes on and on but I thought I would chop it down a bit. 


This is one example of a conversation between two grown adults in the United States over this issue. 


Wow. 


Really Y'all. 


This is what American Patriotism has come down to? Not only am I ashamed, but I'm embarrassed and furious that someone has enough gall to talk this way about a religion and culture that they clearly don't understand. I'm also terrified because the two people holding this discussion are members of our military. 


Here is another article which supports my opinion of the mosque...it's written a bit more eloquently then the opposing views I have presented above.   http://www.cracked.com/blog/3-reasons-the-ground-zero-mosque-debate-makes-no-sense/


Inshallah, God willing, one day soon we will all be able to laugh at this controversy and hold each other close regardless of our religions or cultures. But until then I will always fight for equality and justice. After all the first Amendment to the constitution states, "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof". And that seems pretty clear to me what we need to do. 

2 comments:

  1. Could not agree with you more. I'd disgusting the way this fabricated controversy has been twisted around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you Sarah. People are certainly entitled to have an opinion but to express it with so much hatred is completely unacceptable. I think I'd consider unfriending those "friends" or at least hiding their posts. I've had to do that occasionally when people repeatedly post comments that insight negatives feelings in myself. I really try to keep happy thoughts on my facebook :)

    ReplyDelete